Education, Breakout 3
Title: Professional and personal development in the global, competitive and networked world: new models and new frontiers
In a global, complex and connected world, individuals, more than ever, are responsible for their personal and professional growth. Universities, especially the business and engineering schools, offer unique opportunities for this growth. In this panel, we plan to explore three key questions facing individuals and education institutions:
- 1. How is the global, competitive and networked world changing the professional schools (engineering and business in particular), their products (undergraduate, graduate and executive education) and their delivery models?
- 2. From a professional and personal development perspective, what does this all mean to corporate executives, entrepreneurs, researchers, change agents, etc.; those entering the work force and those already in the work force?
- 3. What are the new models, new frontiers, opportunities and challenges for individuals? How can individuals grow themselves personally and professionally?
The panel consisting of a business school Dean, IIT Directors, entrepreneurs, CEO of a global search firm, C-level executive of a global corporation and CEO Advisor and coach will discuss these questions and share their insights on these important questions that affect every professional and education institution.
- · Uday B. Desai: Director, IIT Hyderabad
- · Bill Glick: Dean: School of Business, Rice University
- · Prasad Kaipa: CEO Advisor and coach and a visiting professor at the Indian School of Business and University of Southern California. And, a bestselling author of “From Smart to Wise” a critically acclaimed book in the USA. (Moderator)
- · Hasham Mukadam: President, Oxy Technology Ventures, Inc.
- · Hans Roth: Executive Director, Russell Reynolds Associates
- · Raghunath K. Shevgaonkar: Director, IIT Delhi